We’re sure everyone has questions about the new SMS and email features. So we’re here to answer them.
1. What’s the rate for SMS and email messages?
Introductory pricing for SMS and email are as follows:
- SMS: $30/1,000 messages ($.01 per message) plus 50 free SMS messages for the first month after you have accepted the Terms of Service agreement and submit a phone number.
- Email: $3/1,000 messages ($.003 per email) plus free emails every month depending on your PRO plan (up to 500 subscribers = 500 emails, up to 5,000 subscribers = 5,000 emails etc.)
ManyChat SMS is a ‘pay as you go’ feature. ManyChat charges your account partially: we bill you for every 500 SMS/5,000 emails sent from your account. At the end of the month, we also bill you separately for any amount of messages sent by that moment beyond the last 500 SMS/5,000 emails you paid for.
Charges are taken from the same card that is connected to the ManyChat page.
2. If I already send SMS via a third-party provider, is it possible to use my existing numbers?
No, we currently don’t support existing numbers. You will get a new number for every 200 subscribers inside ManyChat.
3. Do inbound messages pop up inside of ManyChat’s Live Chat? How can I reply to text and emails directly?
Right now, we don’t handle inbound messages. The best idea would be to send customers back into Messenger for further communications.
4. To send SMS, do I need to set up some kind of webhook?
All SMS marketing is done inside ManyChat without any additional accounts.
Check out Sending SMS Through ManyChat to learn how to start.
5. Is the email integration going to hook into Gmail email like Zapier? Or, will it be more like MailChimp or some other email marketing company?
You can write and send email broadcasts and automation inside ManyChat. You don’t need to use Zapier or other integration tools.
6. Where are SMS and Email features available?
Currently, SMS is only available in the United States. However, we will expand to other countries shortly, so check back regularly to learn about product updates.
Emails are already available worldwide.