Independence University dates back to 1891. Beginning in 1978, Independence University operated as California College for Health Sciences until 2005, when it became Independence University, a name that more accurately reflects the institution’s broader range of programs and its philosophy that education should lead to greater independence. In 2010, Independence University merged with its affiliated institution, Stevens-Henager College, becoming a branch of Stevens-Henager’s main campus in West Haven (Ogden), Utah. Today, IU is comprised of the School of Healthcare; the School of Business; the School of Graphic Arts; and the School of Technology. Specializing in allied health programs, IU has made its mark in areas such as respiratory care education, becoming the first institution to offer programs not only to working adults across the United States but also to those serving in the military and to international students living in the U.S. Independence University is a registered trademark of Center for Excellence in Higher Education, Inc.